Wilson, Bush, Durkin & Keefe

Call Today: 603-595-0007
WBDKLaw > Frequently Asked Questions > New Hampshire Court Jurisdiction

New Hampshire Court Jurisdiction

Supreme Court handles the following matters:

  • Appeals from:
    • Superior Court
    • District Court
    • Probate Court
    • Family Division
    • Administrative Agencies
  • Issues advisory opinions for the state executive and legislative branches
  • Certified questions from the federal courts

Superior Court handles the following matter

  • Felonies Level Criminal Matters
  • Holds Jury Trials
  • Civil Lawsuits with a Minimum Damage Claim of $1,500
  • Equity Cases for Non-Monetary Relief (i.e. zoning or real estate title)
  • Divorce, Custody, Parental Rights and other related issues in locations without a Family Division

Family Division handles the following matters:

  • Divorce and Child Support
  • Juvenile Delinquencies
  • Domestic Violence
  • Guardianship of Minors
  • Termination of Parental Rights
  • Abuse and Neglect Cases
  • Certain Adoptions and Cases Involving Children in Need of Services (CHINS)

District Court handles the following matters:

  • Violation-Level Criminal Matters
  • Misdemeanor Criminal Matters
  • Preliminary Hearings in Felony Cases
  • Issues Search and Arrest Warrants
  • Traffic Violations
  • Small Claims (up to $5,000)
  • Landlord/Tenant Cases
  • Civil Cases (under $25,000)
  • Juvenile Delinquency and Domestic Violence (in locations without a Family Division)

Probate Court handles the following matters:

  • Wills
  • Estates and Trusts;
  • Adoptions and Guardianships;
  • Involuntary commitments;
  • Partition of real estate;
  • Name Changes

Contact Us

* indicates required

Full Name *

Email *


How Should we contact you?

When would you like to be contacted?


Please note that this is a general inquiry form, do not disclose private or sensitive information on this form.


Contact Us

We are located at:
378 Main St.
Nashua, NH 03060

t) 603-595-0007 If arrested after 5:00 pm or on weekends call (603) 809-0070
f) 603-595-0070